When it comes to losing dad bod’s without hunger, the keto diet works. It gets more calories from protein and fat and less from carbohydrates. The reduction in carbs burns the fat and gives you an amazing, fit body within a few weeks. Follow along to learn how to get rid of your dad bod.
In other words, the keto diet changes the way energy is used in the body.
This redirected energy burn is known as ‘ketosis’. It burns more fat as fuel and makes you lose dad’s bod and overall weight faster.
According to the ‘U.S. News and World Report’, this diet should consist of 70 percent calories and 20 percent carbohydrates. However, the ‘Classic Keto Plan’ is a tad different. It is made of 90% fat, 6% protein, and 4% carb. This plan was first designed by Dr. Russell Wilder in 1923. But there are other modified versions too that give good results fast.
Even the ‘British Journal of Nutrition’ indicates that the keto plan works better than most conventional low-fat diets. Fortunately, it offers some other exceptional benefits too.
- It reduces blood sugar and insulin levels.
- It improves heart health and brain function.
- It increases the level of good LDL cholesterol.
- It prevents seizures and PCOS symptoms.
- It lowers the risk of specific types of cancers.
Due to these health benefits, it has a massive fan base.
People from all walks of life, especially celebrities, opt for a keto diet to lose weight and stay healthy. It improves their quality of life in a million ways.
Keto Diet Plan For Getting Rid of your Dad Bod
Before we reveal the keto diet plan here, it is pertinent to perceive that this diet is focused on weight loss. One shouldn’t choose it for relishing its side benefits only.
Since the main aim is to generate the ‘Ketosis’.
In ketosis, the body runs out of fuel (sugar level) quickly to start the weight loss process. After 3-4 days, the ketosis begins to break down the protein and fat in your body for energy. For that reason, it isn’t recommended for people who have type 1 diabetes.
If you are diabetic and want to introduce a keto diet plan, it is imperative to consult your doctor first, as he can modify the plan a bit more to match your body needs.
There are four famous types of keto diet plans to learn how tot get rid of your dad bod.
You can choose any one of them.
- Standard Ketogenic Diet (SKD)… It is what most people think of when the keto name is mentioned. At its most basic, this diet plan focuses on proteins and fats. It contains 75% fat, 20% protein, and only 5% carb. As a starting point for the majority of dads, a 500-calorie scarcity each day will suffice. With this dietary approach, you can expect to lose fat quickly. Since the carbohydrates are restricted greatly. Keep in mind, many experts recommend adjusting your nutrient intake in SKD, depending on your rate of fat loss. In a way, you must determine your calorie requirements and adjust the plan according to your body needs.
- Cyclical Ketogenic Diet (CKD)… This is a high fat, very low-carb diet plan. It involves eating clean carbohydrates once or twice a week. This strategy is used to fully refill muscle and liver glycogen stores, that’s why the higher-carb days are known as ‘re-feeding days’. During the re-feeding days, your body switches out of the ketosis and reap the benefits of carb consumption. In CKD, you follow the SKD diet but for 5-6 days only. But even on the re-feeding days, make sure you aren’t crossing the 50 grams of carb per day limit. Besides, the carb quality also matters; you can count on sweet potatoes, brown rice, and oats.
- Targeted Ketogenic Diet (TKD)… TKD diet is a way to incorporate more carbohydrates. You eat some carbs around your workout but also keep them low at all times. But the real question is can it kick you out of ketosis? Well, no. You will be in the ketosis mode mostly. You relish carbs to enhance your exercise performance. If we say Targeted Ketogenic Diet (TKD) and exercises are connected, it would utterly correct. First, you consume the fast-absorbing carbs, and second, you fuel your exercise sessions to ditch the dad’s bod. Due to these reasons, this diet plan for overweight dads falls somewhere between SKD and CKD.
- High-Protein Ketogenic Diet… A high-protein ketogenic diet plan won’t only reduce extra weight but also transform your body and turn you into a fit, sexy celebrity. In this diet, the ratio is 60% fat, 35% protein, and 5% carbs. You have a better feeling of fullness compared to other keto plans, besides, the fat burning process happens too. This prevents you from going into full-blown ketosis, however, the extra protein converts into glucose for energy and indirectly results in weight loss. This plan is perfect for those who can’t drastically cut back carbs, and they must fulfill their body’s needs to overcome symptoms.
In case you are baffled and don’t get which keto plan is good, we suggest Cyclical Ketogenic Diet (CKD). If it feels tough, you can move to the Targeted Ketogenic Diet (TKD) or High Protein Ketogenic Diet.
The CKD diet will successfully ditch the dad’s bod and fulfill your body’s nutrient needs as well.
Besides, to see the full effects of the keto diet plan, don’t forget to do exercises. They are necessary to achieve optimal well-being.
Obesity is a growing crisis it’s time to put you plan into action and teach other how to get rid of your dad bod.
Especially dads deal with it, as men tend to gain weight from their 30s until they are 55. The keto diet burns the stubborn belly fat and makes you feel leaner, healthier, and happier. Many celebrities like LeBron James and Tim Tebow have already done the keto diet to drop unwanted pounds and endorsed it on their social media channels. So, look no further, create a sample keto meal plan for 1 week only and notice how it is affecting your overall health and body shape.